Mformation First to Bring Carrier-Grade Cloud Device Management To Enterprise MSPs
Cloud-hosted solution creates unique benefits and flexible models for MSPs offering mobility services to enterprises
EDISON, New Jersey, USA – August 13, 2012 - Mformation® Technologies Inc., the leading independent provider of advanced mobile device management (MDM) solutions, today announced its Mformation-hosted, cloud-based MDM solution for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) — Mformation mCloudPlus™.
“Mobile device management is migrating rapidly towards managed mobility as a service,” said Mark Cope, Mformation Executive Director, Enterprise. “Our own research confirms analyst findings that this migration away from behind-the-firewall point MDM solutions toward managed mobility as a service is real and growing. The MSP community is right on top of the wave looking for iOS, Android and Windows 8 management solutions that fit the way they want to deliver services to their customers. Mformation’s mCloudPlus solution is designed specifically for MSP organizations looking to quickly turn on new service offerings and pay as they grow the business without having to deploy the solution within their own data center.”
The benefits of mCloudPlus solution for MSPs include:
- High-margin service: MSPs can enjoy a low, simple, flat-rate license fee that enables mCloudPlus to be upsold on top of current service offerings.
- Carrier-grade scalability: The most scalable mobility platform on the planet, with up to 100 million devices, 10,000 tenants and 20,000 concurrent service-desk agents supported on a single platform.
- Unique MSP branding: Ability to create a logo-branded interface specific to the MSP and for each of the MSP’s customers.
- Easy integration: Provides a rich set of Web-service APIs, allowing easy integration into any ITSM management tool or framework, including service desks and CRM systems.
- New device support: Leverages Mformation’s carrier and handset OEM relationships so that pre-tested new smart phones and tablets are continuously added to the platform.
- Customer data security: Multi-tenant capability for separation and protection of data between customers.
- Low up-front cost/Quick time to revenue: Mformation-hosted production platform eliminates costly and lengthy systems integration projects.
The mCloudPlus solution allows MSPs to deliver the following benefits to enterprise customers:
- Strengthen and enhance security: IT can control the deployment of and enforce uniform security policies for the mobile applications and devices used within the enterprise, as well as secure the enterprise data that resides on the devices.
- Ensure efficient application management: Automatic application installation at the point of provisioning, as well as continuous application management through the device lifecycle enable IT to manage mobile applications efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure compliance: Policy-based management controls enable IT to define corporate policies and enforce them on all of the different mobile devices used within an enterprise.
- Improve IT service management: The ability to remotely access devices removes the need for physical access to employee devices, and the ability to automate and batch device management tasks ensures the efficient and reliable execution of device management activities.
- Provide complete visibility: Central, real-time inventory of all the devices activity deployed provides IT with a centralized and up-to-date picture of enterprise device status and activity.
- Perform advanced reporting: Both scheduled and custom reports give an enterprise increased visibility into their end-user population.
MSPs can transition from the Mformation-hosted mCloudPlus solution to an on-premise, internal cloud solution should their business needs require it. mCloudPlus is available now.
Mformation Technologies Inc. is the pioneer and leading global provider of mobile device management (MDM) technology, used by largest mobile operators and managed service providers worldwide. With over 500 million devices under management, Mformation offers a complete lifecycle management solution that enables operators and service providers to manage and secure mobile phones and applications. Mformation's award-winning Mformation Service Manager™ and Mformation Enterprise Manager™ suites provide solutions for provisioning and configuration, firmware upgrades, smartphone application management, diagnostics, security management, lock and wipe, for operators, managed service providers and enterprises. For more information visit www.mformation.com.
Mformation and the Mformation logo are registered trademarks, and Mformation Service Manager, Mformation Enterprise Manager and mCloudPlus are trademarks of Mformation Technologies, Inc. All other trademarks, registered trademarks and brand names are the property of their respective owners.
Interested in our products and solutions? Fill out our contact form
Looking for general information about Mformation? Download our press backgrounder here in PDF format